Current Message - Angels 3 - 2 - 10
TKC Ministries - Leon Hagins
In this article I’m looking into these spiritual beings called angels. These beings were created by God , and they worship him and do his will. I did a fair amount of research using books , video, and of course the bible. There is no way I will be able to share everything I found, simply because I found so much information, it would take some time to get it all in just one article. However I will get in as much as I can.
First I’ll give a little history on these beings , then we’ll head right into the scriptures and look over some of their activities that have been recorded.
The information below was obtained from a video entitled “ Angels mysterious strangers among us “ by Dr. Jack and Rexella Van Impe.
In the bible from Genesis to Revelation, angels are mentioned a total of 273 times. 108 times in the old testament and 165 times in the new testament.
The Hebrews teach about four specific angels……
* Gabriel - reveals the secrets of God to men
* Michael - fights and avenges God’s foes ( bible mentions that he watches over Israel get scripture.
* Raphael - receives the departing spirits
* Uriel - will summons everyone of the dead to judgment.
Who made the angels?
Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. In Hebrew the word for God is “ Elohim” the IM is plural (The Trinity).
In Gen. 1:26 - And God said let “us” make man in our image.
Dr. Van Impe just come right out and says it , Jesus Christ made the Angels. And here’s the biblical proof.
John 1:1-3 - in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God. The same was in the beginning with God (Gen.1:1) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:10-13 - He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the
sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: These verses are talking about Jesus. Be sure to request a free copy of an article I wrote in 2008 on Jesus Christ.Colossians 1:16-17 - for by him (Christ) were all things created, that are in heaven , and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Hebrews 1:1-2 - God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;So as the scriptures plainly state Jesus played a major role in the creation of all things.
Below are some scriptural references , concerning angels, I found in my Dakes bible pgs. 1048-1049. Mr Dakes, through the grace of God, has done a wonderful job in compiling all this information together.
Archangels, or chief angels -rule kingdoms and planets (Col.1:15-18; 1 Thes. 4:16 ; Jude 9)
Common Angels - The nature of angels. They are heavenly spirit beings with:
2) Personal souls with emotions (Lk.15:1-10) passions (Gen. 6:1-4) Jude 6-7 (see notes Dks bible),appetites (Gen. 18:8 ; 19:3)
anger ( Rev.12:12) ;enmity Gen. 3:15 ;
lusts (Jn. 8:44)
Vengeance (1 Pet. 5:8)
Desires ( 1 Pet. 1:12)
Pride (Ez. 28:17 ; 1 Tim. 3:6) , and other soul passions, feelings, and desires.
3) Personal spirits with intelligence and wisdom (2 Sam. 14:20 ; 19:27 ; Mt. 24:36 ; Eph. 3:10)
Meekness (2 Pet. 2:11 ; Jude 9)
Modesty (1 Cor. 11:10)
Holiness (Mk. 8:38)
Obedience (Ps. 103:20 ; Mt. 6:10
Knowledge (Mk. 13:32 1 Pet. 1:12)
Willpower (Isa. 14:12-14)
Ability to speak languages (1 Cor. 13:1) ; and other spirit faculties.
General facts about angels:* They are glorious - Lk. 9:26
* immortal - Lk. 20:36
*Powerful and mighty in body - Isa. 37:36 ; 2 Th. 1:7-10 ; Rev. 18:1
* Heavenly spirit beings - Ps. 104:4 ; Mt. 18:10 ; 22:30 ; 24:36 ; Heb. 1:14
* They are not demons - Acts 23:8-9
* Limited in knowledge - Mk. 13:32
* Higher than man - Ps. 8:5
* Need no rest - Rev. 4:8
* can eat food - Gen. 18:8 ; 19:3 ; Ps. 78:25
* Appear visible and invisible - Num. 22:22-35 ; Jn. 20:12 ; Heb. 13:2
* Travel at inconceivable speed - Ez. 1 ; Rev. 8:13 ; 9:1
The work of angels:
* They drive spirit horse - 2 Ki. 2:12 ; 6:13-17 ; Zech. 1:7-11 ; 6:1-6
* Guard gates - Rev.21:12
* Wage war in actual bodily combat - 2 Th.1:7-10 ; Rev. 12:7-9
* Execute Judgments - Gen. 19 ; 2 Sam. 24 ; 2 Ki. 19:35 ; 2 Chr. 32:21 ; Ps. 78:49 ; Mt. 13:41-42 ; Acts 12:23 ; Rev. 8:1-9:21 ; 15:1-16:2
* Minister to saints - 1 Ki 19:5-7 ; Dan. 6:22 ; Mt. 4:11 ; Acts 10 ; Heb. 1:14
* Rule Nations - Dan. 10:13-21 ; 12:1
* Help each individual Mt. 18:10
* Sing, praise, and worship God - Ps. 103:20 ; 148:2 ; Lk. 2:13 ; Rev. 5:11
* Lead sinners to gospel workers - Acts 10:3-8
* Direct Preachers - Acts 8:26 ; 27:23
* Appear in dreams - Mt. 1:20-24 ; 2:13-19
* Minister before God - Rev. 8:2 ; 14:15-19
* Bind Satan - Rev. 20
* Re-gather Israel - Mt. 24:31
* Protect saints - Ps. 34:7 ; 91:11 ; Acts 12:7-10
* Separate the good and bad - Mt. 13:39-41
* Accompany Christ to earth - Mt. 16:27 ; 25:31 ; 2 Th. 1:7-10
* Witness confessions - Lk. 15:8-9
* Receive departed spirits - Lk. 16:22
* Gives laws -Acts 7:53 ; Heb. 2:2
* Guard the tree of life - Gen. 3:24
* Give revelations - 2 Ki. 1:15 ; Dan. 8:19 ; 9:21-23 Dan. 10:10-20
* Impart God’s will - Acts 5:19-20 ; 10:1-6
* Bring answers to prayers - Dan. 9:21-23 ; 10:12-13 ; Acts 10
* Guard the abyss - Rev. 9:1 ; 20:1
1) Personal spirit bodies with bodily parts, as hands , feet, eyes, heads, voices, mouths, hair, faces, and other parts which men have (Gen.18:2, 4, 8; 19:1-22; Judg. 13:6)